- Alum – For preparing your paper.
- Carrageenan – For making the jelly-like solution that the paints float on. As an alternative, you could use Methcel (Methocelulouse) …some books recommend that you use it instead of Carrageenan.
- Ox Gall Liquid – Used to improve the flow of your paints.
- A large, flat, shallow tray – Should be big enough to lay your paper down flat onto the surface.
- Straws, sticks, toothpicks, combs etc. – To swirl colors around with.
- Eye-droppers – To apply the paint. One for each color.
- Acrylic or Oil based Paints
Go to Step 2